Rosemary baguettes are not only tasty bread, but they make the most flavorful, moist meatballs and stuffing mixtures. One of our favorite simple meals is a rosemary meatball hoagie made with extra sharp Vermont Cabot cheddar cheese.
1 rosemary baguette
1 medium onion
1 pound very lean ground beef or bison
1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce.
15 oz organic tomato sauce
2 slices cheddar cheese
1. Defrost baguette on counter for ½ hour or in microwave, following the directions on the package.
2. Cut baguette in two and save half for hoagie.
3. Finely chop ½ baguette and onion.
4. Mix thoroughly with hands all ingredients.
5. Form into balls a little larger than golf balls (makes 12+/-)
6. Brown meatballs in skillet.
7. Add tomato sauce, cover, and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes
8. Meanwhile, cover open-sliced baguette with cheese slice and place in 300 degree oven to melt.
9. Make sure you accidentally drop something for Chester, who is watching intently.
10. Spoon as many meatballs as you can fit on open-faced baguette.